Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radio Antenna On Chimney ?

In article ,
"the_constructor" writes:
Being a white stick radio operator, I have to find someone to put the
antenna up on the chimney stack for me, but before I do, I need some advice
please.

If you get an aerial installer to do it, get the advice from them.

Obviously, a small pole needs to be attached to the chimney stack so that
the antenna which is a glass fibre aerial weighing 0.9Kg can be fitted just
above the stack itself. Neither I nor my neighbour have chimney pots.

I would estimate that the pole would be overall about 3 feet long and then
the antenna fitted at the top of the pole to clear the stack.

Should I use 1 or 2 lashing kits to hold the pole.

That seems quite small compared with many TV aerials, although I
have no idea what shape, and more importantly, wind resistance
the glass fibre aerial has, but providing it's not large, one
lashing kit should be fine.

The pole will be 2" alli
scaffold, already obtained, curtousy of the housing refurbishment
contractors.

Make sure your brackets will take a 2" mast, as 1.5" is a
more common aerial mast size (although 2" masts do exist).

--
Andrew Gabriel