Posted to uk.d-i-y
andrew andrew is offline

Default Quarter round MDF?

On Jul 10, 4:08*pm, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
Following on from the fluorescent lighting thread:

I'd like to make a really nice lighting trough, end profile roughly
like:

Wall

* *|
----O

Try to imagine the O represents a smooth curve from the horizontal to
the vertical. Horizontal about 4", vertical lip height about 1.5-2"

To be painted in white emulsion inside and out and run continuously
around the room.

I've got a feeling that something might exist, but I can't for the
life of me track anything down.

Is there a product like this, or even just quarter round MDF that I
can joint onto a straight bit? I guess it will need to be 15mm or so
thickness to have the required stability.

Pre primed MDF window board from Wickes. *About 200mm wide, so one quick rip
down the middle gives you both pieces. *Cheap as chips.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

4 inch pencil round skirting plus 2 inch square architrave would be
cheaper and quicker. Both available in MDF from Howdens -
http://www.howdens.com/product-range...mdf-mouldings/