Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default return of real solder?

In article ,
Nate Nagel wrote:
On 07/08/2010 12:44 AM, notbob wrote:

...snipped...
Not sure where I bought my last roll, probably one of the horrible Big
Boxen, but my only choices were plumbing solder and "lead free flux
core" solder. I guess I ASSumed that since I didn't see something it'd
been outlawed or at least restricted, but maybe it just means that my
local stores suck (this isn't really news.)

...snipped...

At my local HD, only lead-free solder is on the shelf in the plumbing
section, but in the tool dept. you can find tin/lead solder near the
propane and butane torches.