Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer vent hose is filling up with water!

On Jul 8, 4:20*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jul 8, 9:57*am, Mitch Mitch@... wrote:

My wife complained that the dryer has been running for 3 1/2 hours.

I just replaced the vent hose a couple of weeks ago and the dryer has
been working fine.

Now I went down to the basement to see what was going on and the vent
hose is full of water. *Gallons.

We're getting ready to put our house on the market, really didn't want
to buy new appliances just to give them away.

Any ideas?

Gallons?

That means you have at *least* 16.5 pounds of water in the hose.

What type of hose clamps do you use...I'd like to buy some...they must
be pretty strong.

check for a low spot in line like a drip loop that allows water to
collect, that happened to me.

and make certain the vent hood is open and unobstructed, it might be
stuck shut.

another less likely is a kid with a hose sprayed water down your vent
line