Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default sealing end grains on gate / compressor bleed out

On 6/24/2010 7:16 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

That's a good idea. Do you get any air leakage with this rig that causes
the compressor to cycle periodically? If so, how often?

Year ago I moved the bottom drain plug to the end of a 3' length of air
hose on my small vertical, where it is much more accessible.

The air hose holds quite a bit of water that would otherwise be in the
tank, and, unlike the tank, is rustproof ... and gravity does the work.

It is a simple matter to open the cock slightly every other day or so
and let the water in the hose squirt out, and draining the tank this way
doesn't even cause the compressor to cycle on.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010