Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default B&Q Macallister sliding mitre saws

On Jul 3, 12:55*am, John Rumm wrote:
On 02/07/2010 12:28, Fred wrote:

I can't afford a branded saw, so I was thinking of buying one from
B&Q. Looking at some old posts some people love them, some people hate
them.

It also had two lasers one for 90 degree cuts and one for 45 degree
cuts? I don't know what you did if you wanted to cut 60 degrees! but
people seemed to think the laser alignment was not very accurate. Can
it be adjusted?

Normally the laser aligns with the blade, or does if you adjust it,
then its lined up right for all cuts in all positions.

Looking at the boxes, I thought the bore size of the blade had
changed. Why would they do this? Is it no longer a standard bore? (I
can't remember what size it was/is, I'll have to read the box again,
next time I go). If so, that's a big disadvantage.

Note that Axminster do adaptor rings that can be inserted into some
blades to bring the bore down to a non standard size.

other brands ditto, and its not too hard to make your own adaptor
rings.

NT