Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Osborne[_2_] Dave Osborne[_2_] is offline

Default Two-way and intermediate switches

John wrote:
I'm no electrician but my mate reckons that you can have as many
intermediate switches as you want on a two-way circuit (think switching the
landing light on downstairs before going to bed but it's a long landing with
six rooms - he wants each room to have its own switch on the landing).

I reckon that you can have the two two-way switches as normal, with one
intermediate switch. Who's correct - and if he's right, and you can have
more than one intermediate switch, can anyone give a wiring diagram
(preferably not ASCII as I can never make head nor tail of them)?

Cheers and TIA

You can have as many intermediates as you want.

Have a look he

http://i45.tinypic.com/33ynb4m.jpg

Just keep adding intermediates between the "end stop" two-way switches.