Posted to rec.woodworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default sealing end grains on gate / compressor bleed out

"cc" wrote in message
a) I know you can use glue sizing (1 part glue, 10 parts water) as a
pre-finish seal on end grain. Can this be done on outside as well,
specifically cedar end grain?

b) any suggestions on how to bleed out a 27 gallon compressor easily
when not using? I jsut leave it pressurized all the time, which I know
is not good for the tank or fittings? Valve is on the bottom, of
course.

Chris

a) Yes but it will not be waterproof. You be better off using epoxy.

b) Why is leaving it pressurized not good for the tank or fittings?
I've always left mine pressurized and still have no problems after
25+ years. The rubber hoses are no worse for the constant pressure
either.
Art