Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Horne[_4_] Tom Horne[_4_] is offline

Default Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

On Jun 18, 10:32*pm, Some Guy wrote:
BQ340 wrote:
Is there any difference between a tank of welding oxygen vs medical
oxygen as far as purity, concentration, hazardous impurities, etc,
that would render welding oxygen insufficient (or even dangerous)
for helping to supplement breathing / respiration ?

Nope, they are the same. I see the paramedics at the welding supply
store all the time, getting their bottles filled from the same rack
mine are.

And just to be clear -

Welding oxygen is more (way more) than just compressed "air". *And what
I mean by "air" is the stuff that's all around us right now.

Yes?

To be precise it is way less. The air we breath is roughly twenty
percent oxygen. Medical oxygen is nearly one hundred percent oxygen.
The inert components of air are removed from the compressed oxygen
that is used for patient breathing assistance and making ordinary
metals burn and melt together into a single piece of metal.
--
Tom Horne