Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default I am looking for a local source for "Rockwool" / "Mineral Wool" /"Safe & Sound" / "AFB"

On Jun 9, 3:13*pm, jtpr wrote:
This stuff evidently is quite common in Canada but I would like to
find it locally to avoid the shipping costs. *It is all the same I
believe, just different trade names. *I am looking in the area of
Seacoast NH, Southern Maine (York, Kittery), or North Shore of Boston.

Thanks for any pointers.

-Jim

You are looking for a building supply that is more commonly used in
commercial construction... You need to look at a commercial supply
house that real enterprise scale commercial builders use to obtain
building materials as opposed to Home Depot or Lowe's which cater
more exclusively towards the residential home supply market and
light commercial maintenance...

In New England I would recommend Kamco Supply Corp.

http://www.kamcoboston.com/default.asp

They will more likely have several different mineral wool products
in stock to choose from as opposed to being able to special order
one or two products like a local lumber yard... Your local lumber
yard is most likely ordering those products from a company like
Kamco...

Good luck in your quest...

~~ Evan