Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dusk to dawn fluorescent lighting

On Jun 7, 8:34*am, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
Brent Bolin wrote:
Hello,

Are dusk to dawn fluorescent lights good?

I've attempted to use fluorescent lights in my front porch light that,
I think was originally meant for incandescent lights. *When I used a
CFL type bulb in it the sensor didn't last. *Had to replace it and go
back to using incandescent lighting.

This Hampton Bay advertises itself as a dusk to down outdoor
fluorescent -

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...h_d2/ProductDi...

Hampton Bay Seville Collection 7 In. 1-Light Fluorescent Wall Lantern
with Dusk-to-Dawn Photocell

I just got one of the low wattage units and keep it going 24/7.

Jon- Hide quoted text -

You'er not really saving much energy that way. THey use about a 1/3rd
of the electricity. In most regions it's dark about a 1/3rd of the
day.