Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_2_] Jim K[_2_] is offline

Default Leaking chimney, but where is the water getting in? (see pics)

On Jun 7, 12:05 pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I take it the flat roof is part of the new conversion? If so its been
badly done.

care to expand - for the benefit of the OP?

I thought I had..

I don't like the way the flat roof has been sealed to the chimney. It
looks inadequate.

Water can run down the sides inside, and appear ..well wherever there is
a route. Probably through porous mortar.

your last critique appeared to me to be a general "crap flat roof"
broadside so was hoping you could enlighten the OP with specifics taht
he could use to bolster his possible arguments with the professhunals
who did it - seems all you are picking at is the height of the stack
flashing and what may or may not be underneath it...

Jim K