Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tile spacers

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 11:49:48 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

You can do either. Either use the spacers flat at the corners and make
sure they are pushed well in.

Trouble is the adhesive behind the tile and the shape of the rear
tile edge can make getting even grout lines tricky with this method.

Or (what I do more) is to stick just one leg in between each tile. I
pull then out afterwards.

This is what I do. Consistent width and can be used as a lever (by
twisting) to make micro adjustments to the spacing if required.

I also love having a self levelling laser line on a pole - set for the
row and work to that.

I start with a very carefully placed batten and work from that. Using
spacers in single leg mode to position the tiles, but paying
attention to alignment of corners etc.

--
Cheers
Dave.