Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Sealing a corrugated iron roof

On Jun 4, 1:42*am, Matty F wrote:
Perhaps those in the UK don't use or know much about corrugated iron
(=steel) roofing. It's widely used here in NZ. It's very strong and
and cheap and holds the house together in an earthquake or hurricane.
You can walk all over it without falling through.

However, I have a professionally installed corrugated iron roof. The
installers don't seem to bother blocking off the holes under the lower
edge, so the wind can whistle through, and rats and mice can get in.
They do use building paper, but that's no problem for the rats.

What are they supposed to do instead to block the gaps?
I'm about to push chicken wire into the gaps and use expanding foam.

foam strips or cement mortar