Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Do not buy a Harbor Freight "rock tumbler"

On 2010-05-28, Michael Koblic wrote:

snip
I got the media on the cart with the machine at the factory that went
bankrupt. Two half full buckets and a box of ceramic media of various
coarseness, and this vibratory tumbler. I also have some corn cob
media (way too much; anyone wants some cheap?). I was going to polish
a big jar's worth of pennies with the kids this weekend.

I use aquarium gravel to clean my metal detector finds coins that I want to
spend, they look at you funny when you give them brown quarters, dimes, &
nickels!

RogerN