Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Do not buy a Harbor Freight "rock tumbler"

Michael Koblic wrote:

"Ignoramus5816" wrote in message
Unless you want it to break after 3 weeks, that is. What a POS. I
bought it to show what rock tubling is, to my kids. I sort of knew
that it is junk, and bought an extended warranty, but all it give me
is the right to get another POS.

I went through the usual labour pains before I decided on mine. Rather
than going the cheap way I splashed out on Thumler's UV10 (Industrial)
and so far I have not regretted it.
BTW do not use cat litter silica crystals wet...or dry for that matter
(the dust is awful).

I just chuck a plastic container in my lathe that has a couple of wood
slats mounted on the inside of it and run it at the slowest speed. I
use the tailstock to hold the lid on. It also works great for deburring
parts.

John