Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_3_] Tim Wescott[_3_] is offline

Default NO DOPE!!! Dope!

Bob La Londe wrote:
I was just replacing our dishwasher with a new one, and I noticed
something...

First off let me tell you in the past I have always swapped stuff like
this myself, but when we moved into this house we were just too busy and
I didn't have time to do everything. I let my wife hire a plumber to
install the dishwasher we brought from the old house and move her fancy
toilets.

Anyway, I pulled the compression nut off the water supply line and it
was wrapped in pipe dope... over top of teflon tape... AND there was
more pipe dope under the tape. I stripped all that crap off the fitting
with a wire brush and installed it in the new dishwasher. Tape on the
tapered pipe thread into the machine, and nothing on the compression
side from the supply line. Amazingly it work just like it was designed.

Wadda dope!

Never, ever, check up on work that you've paid to have done. It only
leads to unhappiness.

This just reinforces what I always tell my wife about hiring workmen --
why should I pay good money to have them screw thing up, when I can
screw them up myself for free?!?

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com