Posted to uk.d-i-y
spamlet spamlet is offline

Default Best 'instant on' CFL bulbs?

"jamma-plusser" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 May 2010 11:03:33 -0700 (PDT), NT
wrote:

On May 3, 4:35=A0pm, (jamma-plusser) wrote:
Getting a bit tired of CFL bulbs that take up to a minute to warm up
too 100% brightness, so can anyone recommend any 'instant on' 60 Watt
(13 Watt CFL?) =A0equivalent bulbs please?

Thanks

best go up to at least 15w for a 60w equivalent.

Noted, ta for the tip.

Also, go for the 'warm' colour temperatu the high colour temp ones make a
room look cold and dark however bright they are when you look right at them.
And our ones (the only kind we could get to fit in the narrow screw size at
the time) rapidly became so dim as to be pretty well unusable.