Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Lithium battery disappointment

On Apr 19, 6:35*pm, novel8 wrote:
Bought the Hitachi 18v cordless drill 3 months ago. I used it back
then and all went well. Yesterday i had to just screw a 1 1/2 screw
into my laundry wooden dryier holder...for one of the legs got loose.
i got as far into with the drill till about a 3/8 of an inch of the
screw. I sort of pushed the drill to complete it, but it could not do
so, so i had to finish it with a screwdriver. I then tried to run the
drill and it would not start...The battery was pratically full when I
stopped using it 3 months ago. The manual says to recharge it again.
No timetable for how long. Anyhow I did, the red light came on and
waited about an hour or so when the red light started to flicker on
and off...so i presumed that *the charge was complete, of course the
manual doesn't tell you time, color or whatever. OK, its working
again...is this typical of these batteries? Are they that sensitive
just to try and screw in one screw? I called Hitatchi support and said
it was normal.

Probably a defective pack or charger, take it back its under
warranty , no its not normal. But I only but HDs Ridgid brand now,
they offer lifetime warranty on even the batteries, they are the only
company to offer this and service- replacement is at my local HD, no
bs mail in or service center crap, I dont even need my reciept since I
register each tools numbers and model online with Ridgid, then in the
mail I get a an additional Key card. LiIon should do 3-5 years, Nicad
up to 8-15 years. But if you run packs dead dry you can kill them by
individual cell polarity reversal.