Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
harry harry is offline

Default Tips for transporting a washer and dryer on their side

On Apr 13, 6:40�pm, muzician21 wrote:
Going to transport a top load washer and front load dryer on their
sides in my station wagon. I believe new ones have a transport bolt
that holds things in place during handling, if I transport these on
their side, I assume the bolt is going to be long gone.

Any tips for transporting them like that?

Most washers need transport bolts/bars to move them. However if
you're carefull you can get away with it. If it's a long journey, and
you have no bolts you can
(a) have a look at the back of the cabinet, there's usually two
threaded holes near the floor. If you look under the machine by
tipping it, you can usually see a couple of trunnions on the tub base
where the bolts engage. You can deduce from this what you need. Often
the bolts go from the back of the cabinet all the way to the front.
or
(b)take the top off the machine and wedge the drum with cushions or
similar. You need to be careful not to damage the wiring.
Just remember to take them out at the other end.