Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Washing machine tub - porcelain coated, plastic, stainless

On Apr 13, 2:02*pm, (GregS) wrote:
In article , muzician21 wrote:

Is there any particular advantage to a porcelain coated tub in a
washing machine vs plastic or stainless? *Seems plastic and stainless
would have the edge since they never rust.

Porcelain is, or do you really mean enamel?

I'm sure enamel. The speckled tank coating that's been used on washers
forever. The reason I'm not trying to once again resurrect my 70's era
Hotpoint that the transmission went out on is the rust-through on some
of the drain holes. I might gut it and try to Ebay the timer.

I've got a lead on a not too used Whirlpool Signature series washer &
dryer for under $200 for the pair, the only thing is the washer has an
enamel tank.