Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sanding/buffing/polishing epoxy clear coat top

blueman wrote:
"Mike Marlow" writes:
For the future, if I go with the rubbing compound, what grit (if
any) do I need to hit it with first with sandpaper -- i.e., do I
still need to sand up to grit XXX before starting to buff with
rubbing compound?

Wet sand with 600 if there are a lot of big dust nibs. First
though, try wet sanding with 1000. You'll be surprised what you can
knock down with 1000 wet. If you have a good DA, you can do it dry,
but be careful - you'll drag crap if you're not careful.

Thanks for the *TON* of helpful advice (I snipped most of it out of
consideration to those on slow links. Only thing I missed was what
does "DA" stand for? something abrasive?

Similar to a random orbital sander. Air powered. DA actually stands for
Dual Action.

--

-Mike-