Posted to rec.woodworking
blueman blueman is offline

Default Sanding/buffing/polishing epoxy clear coat top

"Mike Marlow" writes:
For the future, if I go with the rubbing compound, what grit (if any)
do I need to hit it with first with sandpaper -- i.e., do I still
need to sand up to grit XXX before starting to buff with rubbing
compound?

Wet sand with 600 if there are a lot of big dust nibs. First though, try
wet sanding with 1000. You'll be surprised what you can knock down with
1000 wet. If you have a good DA, you can do it dry, but be careful - you'll
drag crap if you're not careful.

Thanks for the *TON* of helpful advice (I snipped most of it out of
consideration to those on slow links. Only thing I missed was what does
"DA" stand for? something abrasive?