Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default want to remove pedestal sink from bathroom, first time

On Mar 20, 5:21*pm, KOS wrote:
Hi. I have a pedestal sink that I want to remove.. I have not done
this before just want to ask a couple of questions.
First, once I shut the cold and hot water below the pedestal, should
that be best way to shut water or do I have to shut the whole house
off?

The pipe that goes from the wall to the pedestal- shaped like a U, I
remove that from the wall?

Thanks!
KOS

I would shut it off to the whole house and underneath the sink. There
has been more than a few times those little valves didnt work so well
after sitting there 20 or 30 years without being used.

Jimmie