Ian Mayo

Default PC audio setup for home office

Hi all,
clearly after my last question (about speaker cable sockets -
http://tinyurl.com/ruup ) there are lots of audiofiles out there.

I've now got a supplemental question:

Can anybody recommend an audio setup for my home office which would allow me
to hear 5.1 audio from my PC, CD's from my PC, and radio? My PC has 5.1
optical output.

So, I could buy a radio card for the PC, together with a 5.1 amplifier and
have the whole thing controlled from the PC. Alternatively I could look out
for a cheap home cinema amp/dvd player which has built-in radio, and just
use the PC as an aux input to it. Having a non-PC controlled volume control
does seem an advantage.

Anybody have any opinions?

I'd like to keep the budget to under £200 if I can.

Cheers,
Ian