Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] Christopher@REMOVEbundy.co.uk is offline

Default Light switch Neon

I have just wired a couple of lamps in my loft over the garage. I have
taken the power from from a redundant power plug on the ceiling that
was put there for an electric garage door. I used a switch ( Marbo 20A
DP ) with a neon in the hope that this would glow when the loft lights
were on. it doesn't. The switch is located next to the power plug..

From reading I gather that neons dont glow in a single wire circuit ,
given the proximity of the power source would it possible to pass both
sides of the circuit through the two paths of the switch to achieve
a glowing neon.

Parts