Posted to alt.home.repair
uncle K uncle K is offline

Default Waterproofing a concrete floor.

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a coating to waterproof a concrete floor that is
leaking downstairs from some hairline cracks when it rains? I am
looking for something that can be walked on afterwards. I have seen
some thick rubberized coatings in the past but never thought to ask
what the product was.

Since you said floor, not walls, that would explain why this thread is so
quiet. It sounds like you have a water table problem. If so, and if you
somehow manage to plug the cracks in the floor, the leak will simply move to
the hairline crack around the edges, where the slab meets the walls. You
could: 1) raise the entire house and pour a new floor, or 2) bust out the
entire floor, install a rubber bladder, repour the floor. Not what you
wanted to hear? Sorry.

;-{