Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Waterproofing a concrete floor.

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:53:08 -0800 (PST), Molly Brown
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a coating to waterproof a concrete floor that is
leaking downstairs from some hairline cracks when it rains? I am
looking for something that can be walked on afterwards. I have seen
some thick rubberized coatings in the past but never thought to ask
what the product was.

Does "downstairs" mean a basement? If so, consider grading on the
outside, so water flows out and away from the home. Then put the
band-aid on. Really, find the source of moisture, first.