Posted to alt.home.repair
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default Metal vs. wood fence posts

Interesting product. I'd think it would outlast wood by a factor of four to
ten. If you plan to live in your house for some years, it may be well worth
the difference. It looks to be similar to the way steel is made for sign
posts. Have you ever seen a stop sign fail due to post rot?

I actually held one at the HD, VERRRRRY substantial, and I think I
could get away with a 5" auger-hole to install.

And I like the idea of sinking 3 10 X 1-14" screws into the 2" X 4" 's
instead of toe-nailing.

Just for the record, no affiliation. Just a google search.

-Zz