Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washable Electrostatic Furnace Filters - Use While Wet?

I've installed furnaces and AC for a few years.
Can't say as I've ever seen an air filter on a
condensor. How do you keep your condensor filter
dry, when it rains or snows?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"N8N"
wrote in message

yup, I have one of the Honeywell deals in my
house. if you turn it on
too soon after cleaning you can hear it arcing.

One of these days I need to have my ductwork
cleaned; the PO's had
been running the furnace with no filter at all for
some unknown
(presumably long) period of time. The
electrostatic helps but the
house is still full of dustbunnies if I don't
vacuum every week. At
least I'm not loading up the condenser coils,
anyway. (filter was
installed as part of a package with adding A/C to
house)

nate