Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Worcester combi boiler 28CDi

In message , Vegelen
writes
In the 28cdi there is a plate heat exchanger on the hot water on demand
circuit. Water passes through this exchanger to acquire heat.
If your water isn't getting as hot as it used to this component may
need cleaning or replacing. They are designed to last 5 years.

Also this boiler has a primary heat exchanger (Gas to water).

This exchanger should last 10 years, so is probably ok in most peoples systems.

If your boiler is behaving irrationally it may have one or more faulty
components.

Your pressure dial gives an indication of overall system health.

I watched its behaviour change over time and informed the

Worcester Bosch heating engineer

They are fitters - not engineers

They don't engineer anything, they replace parts

- this observation helped

diagnose a faulty expansion vessell.

This fault was present on my boiler at the same time as a

faulty diverter valve ( We had lost hot water through our taps).

Where else does it go ?

Many people are now throwing away perfectly good combi boilers

(along with their own hard earned cash) when they dont need to.

A little self education and observation about your boilers

operation, helps to diagnose early issues your boiler may have

Learn what your combi boilers pressure dial is for and how to make

sure it is kept at the correct pressure.

Learn to watch it periodically because it will change its behaviour

when certain issues arise.

Get your boilers serviced regularly- to prolong boiler life.

How so ?

If all else fails and you think your Worcester Bosch boiler has

problems, call the experts out (Worcester Bosch) or find a good

researched local independent gas safe service engineer that fixes

your boiler type on a frequent basis.

A little observation and a little work go a long way in life and

could save you £'s.

Look after your boiler and it will look after you.

I read mine bedtime stories, what do you do ?

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/1391140957.aspx

--
geoff