Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Watco Teak Oil

On 2/3/2010 5:40 PM, A Lurker wrote:

Yes, I will see the table on Sunday and have a better idea then. I had
suggested a trial piece first which was rejected and I assume the first
coat of teak oil went on last night. Any comments or suggestions welcome.

It's been a long while, but I've used it with good results in the past.

Based on that, don't expect to get more than a couple of coats between
now and Sunday, and be sure to rub out each coat an hour or two after
applying, otherwise it will may get gummy and you'll need another
application to get rid of the tacky parts.

I'd sure want to do it indoors and above 70 degrees F if at all possible
if you want multiple coats in a hurry.

Other than the time factor, I think he'll be fine with it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08