Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default 68C diode from 1963

Mark Zacharias wrote in message
"N_Cook" wrote in message
In 1963 JVC VN900 amp, circuit designation STV-3, probably a triple

diode
for bias seting, any info on it?. Parts listing absent from the manual,
just
68C on black body 4x7x10mm that looks like a slotted opto device but
instead
of square bottomed notch , semicircle curved, as though for locating

on
rod, but mounted on pcb here.

I tried to email you some data on that diode but it bounced. You can email
me at

and reverse the domain to read "sbcglobal"

and I'll resend.

BTW I think the VN-900 was closer to 1970...

I own one, also a VN-700...

Mark Z.

Presumably about 1973 made, from www cites, although I can find no indicator
inside the amp.
Can't find 6303 as an ELNA type number , so maybe old stock caps used.
Those 2SC960 with great bolt down mounting flanges, that are not bolted,
floating in mid air look mighty strange also , no package pic/type number
found for them, somewhere between TO3 and TO37 but flanges twice as thick
but TO5 size cap .
Amp serial number 046017**