Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default 68C diode from 1963

Mark Zacharias wrote in message
"N_Cook" wrote in message
In 1963 JVC VN900 amp, circuit designation STV-3, probably a triple

diode
for bias seting, any info on it?. Parts listing absent from the manual,
just
68C on black body 4x7x10mm that looks like a slotted opto device but
instead
of square bottomed notch , semicircle curved, as though for locating

on
rod, but mounted on pcb here.

I tried to email you some data on that diode but it bounced. You can email
me at

and reverse the domain to read "sbcglobal"

and I'll resend.

BTW I think the VN-900 was closer to 1970...

I own one, also a VN-700...

Mark Z.

I was taking 6303 on the Elno main caps as datecode , dark brown phenolic
pcb board, wire-wrap type wiring and some strange transistor packagings as
being consistent with 1963 but will burrow again

Not that 150A package but
Imax 120mA, Vr max 50V, Ir max 10uA, and at 7mA, 1.65V forward V, -7mV per
degree C

As one 1n4148 is about -1.6mV per deg C then 3 in series would be about
right forward V but not enough thermal response at -4.8mV , is Ge more
thermally responsive ? or some sort of NTC thermistor in there as well