Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell[_2_] SteveBell[_2_] is offline

Default What's the best way to refinish inside wooden doors?

Glenda Copeland | 2010-01-23 | 12:31:01 PM wrote:

I have 6 inside wood hollow flat (not paneled or paned) brown wood doors
taht are dirty and in need of a fresher look.

What's the proper way to freshen up these single-sheet plywood doors?

Do I hand sand or buy a belt sander? Seems that a belt sander will go right
through the door in seconds, so that is why I ask.

What's the best way to refinish single-sheet hollow wooden inside bedroom
doors?

The veneer is very thin. Use a palm sander.

But, you might just need some freshening. Try various cleaning products first. Start with TSP (trisodum phosphate). I've had good luck with "refinishing" wipe-on products. Look for those at your local woodworking shop.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement