Posted to alt.home.repair
uncle K uncle K is offline

Default How can a mouse trap be tripped and no mouse?

"Phisherman" wrote in message

It is easy to lick all the peanut butter off without tripping the
trap.....

True. I had rat traps set, but they kept getting licked clean without
tripping. Huh? Then, one night, I looked out the window to see a rat
approaching. I'm 2' away, behind glass, so he doesn't see me. Not only did
he lick it clean... He held the bait shoe with both hands while he was
licking it! Amazing. Unfortunately for him, I smear some peanut butter on
the underside of the bait shoe. When he was all done licking the top, he
stuck his head underneath to get that last little bit.... WHAM! The trap
did a backwards cartwheel, I jumped a foot in the air. I survived. He
didn't.

;-{