Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alternative to Tile in the Kitchen

On Jan 21, 9:07*pm, "Ed P" wrote:
"mcp6453" wrote in message

The floor covering in our kitchen is shot. My wife is not crazy about
ceramic
tile, plus, the subfloor would have to be removed to make room for the
height of
the ceramic tile.

What are modern alternatives to tile? Linoleum? Recommendations?

Go visit a flooring store. There are so many materials in the past 10 years
that I'd be hard pressed to say one is better than another. *Sheet goods
tend to be good and easy to maintain, but take a good look at alternatives
and see how they fit with your needs.

Anything that is softer than ceramic, stand on ceramic for an hour and
your feet will tell you to get off of it!