Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.chem,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.chem.coatings
ransley ransley is offline

Default Bleach on Latex Paint

On Jan 17, 11:23*pm, wrote:
I had used Target Surface CLeaner with (hypochlorite) Bleach five years ago
to remove mold from latex paint and it neither peeled nor became moldy again.
Now they sell a Target "all purpose cleaner with bleach" which is 2%
hypochlorite, but they say to use it on non-porous hard surfaces. *Is this
essentially the same product? Why the change in warnings? *Tilex, which is 3%
hypochlorite says do not use on paint unless you plan to repaint. I do not
mind discoloration. My uncle used TIDE on asbestos sand paint and it began
peeling within hours. Now this paint is not asbestos, but I don't want to
deal with peeling. But I don't want this thing to spread.

*Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
* *http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm...k.com/vasjpan2
* ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. *Everything fully disclaimed..}---
* *[Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
*[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Why are you spending extra money, laundry bleach has nearly the same
active ingrediant for about 2$ a gallon