Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman D.M.Chapman is offline

Default blackboard paint

In article ,
Fred wrote:
Hi. Can anyone tell me what is the difference between matt black paint
and blackboard paint? I already have this matt black paint:
http://www.international-paints.co.u...matt_black.jsp

How is it different from this blackboard paint?
http://www.international-paints.co.u...oard_paint.jsp

From memory (I made a few blackboard and easels yonks back for a local school)
proper blackboard paint is less black - more dark grey/green. It also was more
matt than the matt paint I used first. Very very matt...

Normal matt paint just didn't seem to work as well with the chalk - leaving
a "crayon on gloss" type effect if you get what I mean. The proper stuff
worked really well but as someone else said, was thin and needed a few coats.

Then you rub chalk all over it before using it (stick of chalk on it's side
and then rub it in with a duster) or whatever you write on it first will be
there for a long time :-)

I would like to make a blackboard and was wondering if I could save a
trip to the shops by using what I already have? Thanks in advance.

Give it ago if you have matt - as I say, the matt black I tried was
disappointing

Darren