Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default standard kitchen cabinet depth

"Joe" wrote in
:

"heteroscedastic" wrote in message
:I have made a lot of kitchen cabinets, but I have never decided for
: sure what standard 24 inch depth means--is it the overall depth of the
: carcase, or is it the overall depth of the cabinet with drawers and
: doors installed? A 24 inch carcase with overlay doors has a total
: overall depth of 24 13/16" or so with overlay doors. Countertops are
: 25" deep typically or maybe a bit more, and they won't overhang the
: outer face of the cabinet by very much if you have overlay doors and a
: 24" carcase. Everybody in the world knows the answer here but me, I
: imagine.

Except me. What the hell is a 'carcase'?

http://www.psalmscat.com/images/large/CarCase_lg.jpg