Posted to alt.home.repair
heteroscedastic heteroscedastic is offline

Default standard kitchen cabinet depth

I have made a lot of kitchen cabinets, but I have never decided for
sure what standard 24 inch depth means--is it the overall depth of the
carcase, or is it the overall depth of the cabinet with drawers and
doors installed? A 24 inch carcase with overlay doors has a total
overall depth of 24 13/16" or so with overlay doors. Countertops are
25" deep typically or maybe a bit more, and they won't overhang the
outer face of the cabinet by very much if you have overlay doors and a
24" carcase. Everybody in the world knows the answer here but me, I
imagine.