Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Building Regs Compliance Certificate for new boiler

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:02:10 +0000, TheScullster wrote:

Hi all

My parents had a Worcester Bosch 24i Junior combi boiler fitted just before
Christmas.
Having had a replacement boiler myself in 2006, I noted that they had not
received a Building Regs Compliance Cert for their install.
Is this something that the installer applies to Corgi (or perhaps Gas-Safe)
for?
If it has to come from the above organisation(s) I could believe that the
plumber has applied for it, but it has been delayed with the Xmas mail.
The job seems to have been done quite well - interesting that he has used
all copper pipe for new runs (rather than plastic).

They might give the installer a polite nudge to remind him, but if he's
like me he's struggling to keep up with boiler & heating breakdowns (plus
the backlog of work from the xmas hols) and getting round to notifying
work may have gone on the back burner for a while. I've got a few
notifiable jobs waiting for Tuits.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk