Posted to rec.woodworking
Paul Franklin[_2_] Paul Franklin[_2_] is offline

Default Under cabinet spice/knife/cookbook rack hinges

Folks,

SWMBO wants drop down racks under kitchen cabinets for spices, knives
etc. The kind that are shallow trays that fold up under the wall
cabinets and can be swung down to access the contents. I'm sure I have
seen these racks in some catalog or a another, but all I'm turning up
are cheap plastic ones that get panned in reviews.

I've seen one pull down knife rack but it gets lousy reviews too.

K&V sells a drop down cookbook rack and I found the hinges for it:

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/catalo...p?p_ref=182416

But $33 a pair is pretty steep. I figure I need about 4 of these
racks to do the job.

Anyone have a source for either decent whole assemblies or the hinges
at more reasonable price? Or other ways to accomplish the job?

TIA,

Paul F.