Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Where to store left over bricks

On Dec 27, 7:03*pm, TD wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message
.
.. On Dec 26, 6:36 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 12/26/2009 4:19 PM dalemstevens spake thus:

My dad has a 25 year old home for which he has saved some 250 brick
from the original construction. He wants to get rid of them after
all this time to make room for whatever. I think it is a shame to
haul them off to the landfill when as soon as he does so something
for some reason or another will come up where they are needed (I
know it is a stretch, but for example a couple of years ago a car
ran off the road and into a home...you guessed it, the new bricks
used to fix the hole did not match too well). If he could figure
out where to store them without them being in the way too much they
would stay. What could be done with them?

Well, if it hasn't already occurred to you, the bricks could be
stored perfectly well outside without worrying about damage. You
could pave an area, or just stack them behind, under or around
something. When it comes time to use them, just wash them off and
you're good to go.

--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy

The frenchies in quebec cause quite a stir.

- harvested from Usenet- Hide quoted text -

"The frenchies in quebec cause quite a stir. "

OK, since I've scored a hat-trick here, I'll tell my story:

1 - My grandfather was French - Canadian
2 - My grandfather was a mason
3 - My grandfather built entire houses from used brick.

My grandfather was a mason in Massachusetts where he helped build the
huge brick paper factories in Holyoke.

Back in those days, left over bricks and bricks from demolitions were
either free or pennies per hundred.

2 of the houses that he lived in were built from brick that he scarfed
up from construction and/or demolition sites.