Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default How long does concrete take to dry?

On 27/12/2009 12:32, Paul wrote:
Thanks both. Blackjack is a tar-like bitumen that I assume acts as a
waterproof barrier between the two layers of concrete. To be fair, the
two ends of the run are dry, and where it wasn't covered with carpet
it is now dry, so I assumed that his method worked OK, and it was just
concrete under the carpet that was not dry as it was covered.

The original plans had drains going around the house, but this would
have meant the gradient was to shallow as the run was too long. In
order to do what we wanted, they had to go across the lounge (and this
was with the approval of the Building Inspector).

Many years ago my mother had a small extension built and the floor
construction called for something similar to Blackjack. The lousy
builders tried to get away with a single coat - spec. called for two
layers with sanding between them. Complaint got second layer applied.

Did you check precisely what they did?

--
Rod