Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Arrow Trucking Shuts Doors

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that Wes on or about Thu, 24
Dec 2009 11:39:48 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
"Roger Shoaf" wrote:

I think if I was the driver under load in this situation and did not have
enough fuel to make it to my delivery point, I would contact either the
shipper or the consignee or the dealer that wants his truck back and offer
to deliver the goods if they would pay for the fuel to get it there and make
it to the dealership to turn in the truck. If none of those folks would
pony up the coin, then I would feel no obligation to do anything other than
inform them where I parked their truck.

After you dropped that trailer in the nearest parking lot, you would get better fuel
mileage heading for home

Assuming you owned your own truck. This reads like Arrow told
their drivers (the ones driving company trucks) to park it, head home,
don't call us, we'll call you.

I believe that pretty much all of the trucks Arrow was using were leased
from the manufacturers and that's why the drivers were told to drop them
off at the nearest Freightliner dealer.