Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default anyone want a small lathe for pen turning

from center of the spindle to the ways

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
How did you measure the '3 inch'.

Martin

Bill Noble wrote:
I just cleaned up a 3 inch craftsman metal lathe - it's missing parts
needed for metal working (like the whole gear assembly) but it has a
nice cross slide and the worm gear is good so it would make a decent pen
lathe if you wanted uniform straight barrels - you will need to either
find, make or jury rig a quill for the tailstock, but other than that
it's OK to use as is - I can get around $150 to $200 if I take my time
parting it out, but I'd rather it find a home quickly - so if someone is
interested, drop me a note via the email address on my web page - I
figure $75 is fair. Oh, the spindle thread is 1/2-20, and it's a 0 morse
taper, bronze bearings, so it's light duty - never to be a bowl lathe -
could also be useful for making any other round parts that need to fit,
and of course you can do metal working (but not threading - you need the
gears for that).