Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default anyone want a small lathe for pen turning

I just cleaned up a 3 inch craftsman metal lathe - it's missing parts needed
for metal working (like the whole gear assembly) but it has a nice cross
slide and the worm gear is good so it would make a decent pen lathe if you
wanted uniform straight barrels - you will need to either find, make or jury
rig a quill for the tailstock, but other than that it's OK to use as is - I
can get around $150 to $200 if I take my time parting it out, but I'd rather
it find a home quickly - so if someone is interested, drop me a note via the
email address on my web page - I figure $75 is fair. Oh, the spindle thread
is 1/2-20, and it's a 0 morse taper, bronze bearings, so it's light duty -
never to be a bowl lathe - could also be useful for making any other round
parts that need to fit, and of course you can do metal working (but not
threading - you need the gears for that).

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com