Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Large wall of drawers: How to build frame/carcass?

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Kevin wrote:

I have a finished attic and I am looking to make it more useful by
building a storage unit that is made up of large drawers. The space
want to fill is about 9' wide x 5' tall x 2' deep

==================================

Time for a reality check.

Those attic "floor" beams are probably 2x4s.

The cabinet structure you are contemplating will have significant
weight.

The above are mutually exclusive.

Might want to go on down to the Home Depot and look at wire basket
storage systems normally used for closets.

Limit the attic storage to light weight things.

Depends on the attic. The house I grew up in had 2x8 ceiling joists on 16"
centers in the "new" attic and in the "old" attic I don't recall what they
were but they looked more like something that belonged on a Napoleonic
warship.