Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Suggestion for cordless tool makers

"Cliff Hartle" wrote in :

Someone has done this. I think Black&Decker.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Why not offer a CORDED battery replacement?

If the battery poops out, you could continue to use the tool with a
cord - much like you can with a cell phone.

The working parts business of battery charger that comes with the
tool is smaller than the battery itself, and could easily be fitted
in a case the size of the battery.

but will not supply the high current drawn by the tool under load.

In the alternative, why doesn't some clever entrepreneur concoct the
device to sell as an after-market product? Certainly non-OEM battery
replacements are available; why not power-cord replacements for the
battery?

12V tools could use and adapter to plug into a car's cig lighter outlet,or
be connected across one of those "jump starter" packs.

Heck, I've got some old batteries lying about, I might just try
building a small DC power supply to fit in the scooped-out innards of
one.

Just thinking out loud.

"Cliff Hartle" top-posted,screwing up the thread continuity;

Someone has done this. I think Black&Decker.

several years ago,no longer made.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik